We understand that many dedicated cyclists and HIV/AIDS advocates simply don’t have the flexibility to ride over the course of four days. NCAC heard the voices of the committed, but busy, and will once again offer “The Weekender” option which allows you to join NCAC during the second evening of camp – Friday, May 12th and experience two full days of a fully-supported, gorgeous ride.
Returning for NCAC 2017, we will also offer cyclists the opportunity to join us as we pack up base camp and return to adoring fans waiting to cheer heroes. Day 4 is 42 miles of downhill and flat riding.
Participation guidelines apply:
- The Weekender and Single Day Riders options are only available to Cyclists. Weekenders will ride the NCAC Route on Days Three and Four, May 13 and 14 (Weekenders need to arrive at camp the evening of Friday, May 12). Single Day Riders will ride on Sunday, May 14. Both Weekenders and Single Day Riders are required to attend NCAC Registration on May 10.
- Weekenders and Single Day Riders register under a designated category and pay the same registration fee as a 4-Day Cyclist ($75).
- The fundraising minimum, deadlines, and conditions for Weekenders and Single Day Riders are the same as for 4-Day Cyclists.
- Weekenders, along with their bicycles, luggage, and tents, will join the NCAC Crew and 4-Day Cyclists for check-in and evening program on Friday, May 12 between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Dinner will be available until 6 p.m. They will participate in the evening program, meet some tired cyclists, and be ready to ride (with fresh legs!) alongside 4-Day riders. Single Day Riders can arrive either the evening of Saturday, May 13 (camping overnight) or no later than 6 a.m. the morning of May 14.
- Weekenders and Single Day Riders may adjust their registration to 4-Day Cyclist status at no extra charge if done by 8 a.m. on Wednesday, May 3, 2017. Likewise, 4-Day Cyclists may change to Weekender or Single Day Riders status at no charge until 8 a.m. on Wednesday, May 3. After this date, there will be a $130 charge for Cyclists wishing to change to change their status. This charge will cover additional catering and campground fees and will not be considered part of the Cyclist’s fundraising total.